Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blessed or forsaken, how do you view your life?

Dakota, Kaleb, Josh and Colton

I have worked very hard all my life for my family and I enjoyed it. But, within the last two years my ex wife has been successful in turning my sons against me with PA. I have lost more than anyone knows or can understand, I have even been forced to sale my home to pay attorney fees and child support. I have all but lost my youngest two sons, and the stress of this whole ordeal has caused me to developed cancer. It is very clear from the bible, bitterness will destroy your health. One may look at this type of situation as God turning away from you. I disagree!


I am blessed!

The support I have received from the church I attended at Highland has been great. The pastor, elders and members have prayed for me and my sons. Chuck has been great in helping me and Jimmy has always been a great friend that I could count on. I don’t know if I can ever repay their kindness and friendship. I am Blessed.

All 4 of my sons have their health and, I am blessed.

This nightmare has made me look at my life and what is important. It has made me seek God and to find an understanding. I have found what I was looking for. God has a plan…the pain and disappointment, I don’t need to understand it. I need to follow his direction and put the experiences he has giving me, and use them in a beneficial way. I am Blessed.

The new church I have been drawn to is a blessing. The 1st time I walked in the door I felt at home. The message was “The Bait of Satan” and was right on target as to what I needed to hear. It made clear that offences will come, it is how you deal with them that matters. That is why “Putting on the armor of God” is so important and I thank the HCC for introducing me to that lesson. My message this week was how suffering makes you stronger. How a tree puts down stronger roots in a drought. How an orange becomes sweeter after a freezing cold spell. I am Blessed.

As I sat down that 1st day I loved and understood the message and how God must have directed me here to this very small church. After the morning school lesson I started reading the bulletin. Linda Clark was the children’s teacher in this church, I laugh to myself and smiled at God for the humor of the situation. I know he loves me, I know that he will never give me more than I can handle and I know He has a great sense of humor, in His own way, ha ha. I am Blessed!

As I was loading up more junk the other day, 5 neighbors stopped to say hi and give words of support. They thanked me for the blog and gave me encouragement for my cancer treatment. 2 stopped, got out of their car and came over and gave me a hug. The genuine love was…well…I am Blessed!

The message of the day;

Hiding From Reality,

Sharpen your Sword!

“A man who refuses to admit his mistakes can never be successful. But, if he confesses and forsakes them, he gets another chance!”

“The next time you are being unfairly treated, you can dance, do a jig, have a party, because God is setting you up to get blessed…IF YOU HANDLE IT CORRECTLY.”

Thank you to all my friends in the Highland community. You will never be forgotten.

May God Bless you and your families.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment